Friday, January 30, 2015

January Favourites | 2015

It's time for the first monthly favourites of the year! I know everyone says this, but I can't believe the month is over already. I'm excited to share with you my favourites of the past month so let's get started!

Sali Hughes - Pretty Honest / I started reading this about halfway through the month and I absolutely love it. There's a lot of hype around this book lately but honestly it lives up to it! If you're even slightly interested in beauty I'd highly recommend giving this a read. It has tips about makeup and what products to use, but also tips on how to act at a makeup counter, what to do when you go to a salon, how to take and give compliments, and so much more. I'm currently about 80% done this book but I'll probably be finished in the next day or two!

Fall Out Boy - American Beauty/American Psycho / Fall Out Boy released a new album this month and it's fantastic. It's all that I've been listening to since it came out 10 days ago. My current favourite songs are Fourth of July and Uma Thurman.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in Fair / I used one of these concealers up last year but then moved on to other concealers. I picked up a new one this month and I had forgotten how much I love this stuff! It's super quick and easy to apply, blends in like a dream, and provides good coverage to under eye circles (and even spots in a pinch) without feeling heavy at all. I don't know how I ever went without this, but I won't make the same mistake again!

Colourpop Lippie Stix in Creature / I received a couple of Colourpop Lippie Stix for Christmas this year and they are amazing. My favourite of the two shades I got is Creature, a matte deep red. These apply wonderfully, have fantastic staying power, and for a matte are quite comfortable on the lips. I loved these so much in fact, that I placed an order last night for more! Expect a haul and swatches when I get them in the mail! (Review)

Bite Beauty BB for Lips in Tawny / This came in a Bite Beauty set I got for Christmas and I've been using it quite a bit! I'll apply this most mornings after my skincare routine and before I apply my makeup to prep my lips for the lipstick I end up applying at the end of my makeup routine. This also has a slight tint to it so I have worn it on it's own a couple of times too! It's nice and moisturizing without feeling heavy or sticky on the lips and it smells great too! (Review)

Lorac Pro 2 Palette / This has been a staple for me since I got it last month. I've used this at least a few times a week since I got it and I love it! The shadows are all gorgeous and unique shades for a neutral palette, and have incredible pigmentation. (Review)

Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer / I've had this primer in my collection for quite a while but only really started using it this past month. It came in a Smashbox gift set I picked up at Winners I believe sometime last year. I've really enjoyed using it this month though! Unlike most eye primers I use, this comes in a tube with a wand and applies to the lid similar to a concealer. It's pigmented and cancels out any discolouration on my lids and works great as a day-to-day primer!

Conair True Glow Sonic Skincare Solution Brush / This product has saved my skin I think. I started using it this month after I picked it up on sale at Target and my skin has only looked better and better since I've used it! I use this 1-2 times a day and it works great to buff off any dead skin as well as cleanse my skin. And it's much more wallet-friendly than the Clarisonic. (Review)

Tarte Tartelette Palette / Along with the Lorac Pro 2 Palette, this has been my other go-to palette for the month. It consists of 12 gorgeous matte shadows that range from warm to cool to plum-toned. This palette is ideal for everyday neutral looks, but works great in combination with other shadows and palettes too! (Review)

Julep Margit Nail Polish / I'll admit it, I've been incredibly lazy with my nails this month. I think I only painted them twice, as opposed to my usual 4-5 times. Part of that reason would be this polish! I wore it for about 2 weeks before any substantial chipping began happening, which was amazing. There was slight tip wear of course, but nothing bad enough to make me want to repaint my nails! Also the colour is a gorgeous taupe with a very slight pink sheen to it which makes it stand apart from other neutral polishes in my collection!

What were your favourite products from January? Let me know below!

2 comments:

  1. Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind concealer is an essential for me and I really need to get that Conair brush. Anything comparable to the Clairisonic that is a fraction of the price, sounds like a winner!
    My favourite products in January have been my Stila eyeliner, Fresh Rose lip balm, and See by Chloe perfume! All from my Sephora kit! :)

    Monica - Mocha and Moccasins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, if you can get your hands on the Conair brush I'd highly recommend it! And I love the Stila liner and Fresh balms! I've heard nothing but good things about Chloe perfumes!

      Delete