Monday, November 3, 2014

October Favourites 2014

october beauty favourites 2014 
Can you all believe it's November already? Christmas is just around the corner now, it's crazy! October was probably the best month of 2014 for me though. I got to see some friends I hadn't seen in a while, I went to some really cool shows and events, and it was my 21st birthday on the 19th! Here are some of the items I loved throughout the month!

MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle / I've had this on my makeup wishlist for literally years now and I finally got it this year for my birthday! I was planning on buying it soon anyways but I had mentioned to my mom how much I wanted it and she went out and got it for me! I've used it every single day since and it's just as beautiful as I've always dreamed of it being.

Milani Color Statement Lip Liner in All Natural / I'm very slowly becoming a lip liner person, and this one is something I've used constantly this month! Whenever I've done a nude lip I've used this as a liner and to fill in my lips beforehand and it's such a beautiful brown-pink nude! It also isn't too drying as some other lip liners I've tried are. I really want to try some other lip liners from this line!

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen / This has become my go-to deep lip colour this month. It's a beautiful deep berry-burgundy-red. I love the formula of the NYX SMLC's as well since they're so long lasting and super matte!

Tarte Pin-Up Girl Blush Palette / I wrote a review on this palette a couple of weeks ago and I've been using it almost daily since I've gotten it. It's a gorgeous palette with 5 beautiful blushes. How could I go wrong?

MAC Nail Lacquer in Double Trouble / I picked this nail polish up when I was in Ohio this summer and I finally got around to using it! It's a gorgeous navy creme that's perfect for fall!

Equate Nail Polish Remover Dip / I've wanted to try something like this for a while, so when I saw this remover dip at Wal Mart for just over $2.00 I had to pick it up! It's basically a tub filled with a sponge soaked in nail polish remover and you just dip your polished fingers into the sponge to remove your nail polish! So quick and easy, I'm really glad I got this!

Buffer Festival / Lastly, my favourite thing of all this month was Buffer Festival. Buffer Festival is a YouTube film festival that took place in Toronto over the weekend of the 17th-19th (which was also my birthday weekend). I went to Buffer last year and really enjoyed it, and this year I was hired as the graphic designer for the festival so I got to see a bunch of things I designed all around Toronto and it was really, really cool. I made a little post about it on my design/photography blog here if you want to see some of the work I did! It was a really incredible weekend though.

What were some of your favourite things in October?

No comments:

Post a Comment